Tuesday, May 17, 2005

eating jumble pie

Not much to report. Haven't seen any plays lately, though I will be soon enough. Right now I'm doing a 5-week Fieldwork Session with The Field SF (an offshoot of The Field NYC), an artist's support organization that holds workshops and programming for performance artists.

It's basically me and nine other performers/dancers/choreographers in a room on Thursdays for about 3 1/2 hours. We show work, then give notes. I performed last week for the first time in, oh, dear, so long it feels like never.

As a director, I'm used to telling actors what to do, or how to do it, and even when working with community-based actors, expect that they'll just do it. It's humbling, in the most useful way, to have to stand in front of an audience, even one of thoughtful, helpful peers, and have to do my thing.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]