Friday, August 25, 2006

A rare moment

I saw three great plays in 3 years of living in New York. No one believes less in the outdated myth that NY is the center of Great American Theater than me. But gosh, I wish I was there right now so I could see:

Meryl in Mother Courage (though I'm not as into the Papa Brecht era of his plays, and the production apparently has not much else to recommend it. SFJ says: "When she acts, it seems as if nobody else on stage has read the script.")

Lance Reddick in a revival of August Wilson's Seven Guitars. Partly because it sounds like a beautiful production, and partly because, as a passionate fan of The Wire, I just want to be in the same room as Mr. Reddick.

Kiki and Herb. On Broadway. I mean, fucking duh.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]