Thursday, February 05, 2009

too much radiolab makes the brain go...

So now that I've discovered RadioLab (years after everyone else has, as per usual with me), I'm working my way through the back catalogue. In the show on memory, they posit that re-membering is a creative act--we aren't calling up some true essential moment that exists somewhere in our brain, we are creating a past moment anew. And the more we recall up that memory, the less true it is, the less "real".

Ever since listening to that, I try not to remember or recall or sit in memories that are precious to me, so that I don't corrupt them with each subsequent copy.

Comments:
I discovered Radiolab almost at the exact time you did. LOVE. IT.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]